Posted: February 21, 2013 in Pictures, Uncategorized

On Friday my parents, my sister Hailey, and I loaded in the van and headed to LA to do some practicing…… See how our trip ended with this…….


Saturday I practiced at The Ranch and Sunday I practiced at Comp Edge.  I was able to meet with some friends at both tracks so that made it extra fun.  The weather was totally crazy… was freezing cold and the wind was blowing very hard.  It was strange because the wind was only blowing at the tracks, the weather around the tracks was much better.  I think the bad weather was following us.


After practice on Sunday, we left Comp Edge to head home and about two hours into our drive one of our tires EXPLODED.  It was so load I thought the floor of the van fell out.  Luckily my Dad was driving, because I am not sure my Mom would have done as well as him controlling the van.  🙂  We got pulled over to the side of the road, but we were totally in the middle of nowhere.  (In a completely different story…..we have had a problem with the tires we recently bought and have been working with the tire guy to fix it and because of that we had no spare tire – of course)   We called the tow truck to try to find us and started calling tire companies to try to find a place that could fix our tire.  It was already Sunday afternoon and everyplace we called was closed or would be closed by the time the tow truck got us back into town.  We found one place that said the would be able to help us if we could hurry and get to them.


While we were waiting my parents told me that the tow truck wasn’t going to be able to take all of us into town and that we were going to have to ride in the back of the van.  I was so excited to be able to sit in the back with my bikes and I made myself comfortable.  I was really mad when my parents told me they were only joking with me.  😦  I begged them to let me ride in the back of the van, but they wouldn’t let me.  A little after that the tow truck showed up and we were on our way back to the closest town, and made it to the tire store with two minutes before they were supposed to close.  The tire people worked on the van for over an hour and then we were back on the road again.


I felt bad for my Dad because we got home at 1am and Dad got in the truck and went to work without getting any sleep.  My Mom and I got up Monday morning and went to Argyll to practice a little more.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s