Posted: January 13, 2011 in Family Info, motocross
Tags: , ,

It has been difficult this week to get out and practice but it has not been from lack of trying.  Tuesday my Mom loaded up the bikes and we were going to go ride at Sand Hill which is right down the street.  The weather said we had a 40% chance of rain after 5:00.  We figured we could ride for a couple of hours and then stay a little and have fun in the rain for a little longer and go home.  On our way to the track it started sprinkling and it was only 2:30.  We kept going thinking the rain would just pass by and we would be in the clear still till 5:00.  The windshield wipers were on and we didn’t see any break in the sky at all.  By the time we were close to the tracks we could see puddles on the side of the road and knew that we should turn back and go home.  We unloaded everything and figured we would try on Wednesday.

Wednesday we were going to go to Club Moto to practice.  My Mom loaded up the bikes again, picked up my sister and I,  and my Dad was going to meet us there on his way home from work.  Half way through Vasco the truck was smelling really bad and then started smoking.  We pulled over and my Mom could see that some liquid had been blown all over the engine – not good.  We were stuck on the side of the road until my Dad could come and see if it was fixable.  We were so close to the track we were thinking that maybe friends could pick us up on their way to the track and my Mom could stay and wait for a tow truck if we needed to….I was ready to get to the track.  At this point it was starting to get late and we could tell that going riding was out again.  My Dad showed up and found that it was diesel fuel that was blowing out through one of the injector lines.  We called AAA to come pick us up and got ahold of our friend Mark who said he would pick up the part for us on his way home from work.  The tow truck showed up and they brought the wrong kind of truck.  They said they would put a call in for a different tow truck and again we were waiting on the side of the road.  Three hours later Mark was driving home with the part and my Dad fixed the truck and drove it home.  My Dad can fix anything with a wrench and a wire.  🙂  Thank you Mark, we might still be on the side of the road if it wasn’t for you.

Now it is Thursday and it is calling for small showers………Do we even try to go riding?

Mom made us sit in the truck with our seatbelts on the whole time.  Uggh


  1. Katrina says:

    Sorry to hear it was a ruff week for you but this weekend will be nice. So guess what Mason is practicing this weekend at MMX so we will see you. I heard from a little bird that you b-day is on Tuesday so what do you want.

    Love Kat.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s